[VAL] veneers

For you veneer searchers, check this company.
http://www.craftwood-srwood.com/

I became aware of them when needing to match the Ribbon Mahogany veneer
wallcovering from a theatre I was working one.  Since then they have
substantially broadened their product range. (I'm liking the leather
wallcovering).  They have beautiful veneers, and if you want a fancy
mahogany, walnut burl, carpathian elm, or something more exotic, they can
get it for you (So IN is the veneer capital of the world-so the veneer guys
say).

I expect the phenolic-backed veneer has a backing like that of plastic
laminate: a veneer adhered to layers of kraft paper saturated with a
phenolic resin.  It would be stiff, easy to work with, easier to lay up than
other veneer products.  Better for beginners.

Good luck.  Report back

Louis Joyner
'64 Overlander with Ash veneers-peeling in the bathroom.