Re: [VAL] Discontent with WBCCI

"So my suggestion is that the VAC break away from the WBCCI...  I think
WBCCI is beyond repair. "

My suggestion is we start a 'three gripes you're out' rule and apply it
to WBCCI, VAC & valist.  Here's an excerpt from the WBCCI Code of Ethics:

"To be ever mindful of what we say or print with respect to the affect
on others so as to avoid disharmony and ill feelings among club members
and to dedicate ourselves to the work of cementing together the members
of WBCCI in bonds of good fellowship and mutual understanding."

I think the folks who constantly slam WBCCI & VAC have already violated
their membership oath, should be warned, then released to join whatever
other organization suits their fancy.

I'm baffled how some folks join an organization and then gripe about it
to fellow members. YOU HAVE A CHOICE IN THE MATTER, don't renew your
membership.  Those of us who are active have made the choice to change
the organization in a pro-active way. The 'old-timers' listen to people
that contribute, rather than just gripe and we have found them to be
more supportive than we could have ever imagined.  They know they can't
shoulder the responsibility indefinitely and they have welcomed with
open arms the involvement of 'younger folks'.

Toby has the right spirit when he says "changing the club in whatever
small way that I have...helping the people who run it now make it
something I'll like even more when I'm an old-timer".

Rob Davis
'64 GlobeTrotter, #1824, VAC
Denver, CO