[VAL] WBCCI Survey

I think this survey is a joke. After reading about it here and at
"airstreamforums.com" for the last few days I decided to pull out my
shredded copy and check it out. And guess what? The survey is so important
that  they didn't even list it in the table of contents of  the BB
publication that it was in. And then I started to read the questions.
"Should the name of the club be changed?"  I admit that I did think the name
"WBCCI" was strange when I first came around here, but changing it will not
solve any of the problems that I have with the club. I could go on and on,
but nobody wants to read what's already been said many times.

Many months ago we had a dicussion here that basically questioned "Why does
the VAC need the WBCCI?"  The only concrete thing that I can remember is
that they provide the VAC with insurance for our rallies. There might have
been other good reasons, but I can't remember them.

So my suggestion is that the VAC break away from the WBCCI.  I would gladly
support the VAC  with the WBCCI dues that I save. If we all gave our total
contribution (WBCCI/VAC dues) to the VAC,  we should be able to insure
ourselves and probably alot more. Maybe even Airstream Corp. would be
interested in supporting another club, especially one that celebrates it's
greatness.  I think WBCCI is beyond repair. I will respond to the survey,
but I don't think it will do any good. The BB will still come shredded in
the mail looking exactly like last month's except for the cover and the want
adds. After reading about the rule of "no camp fires" at WBCCI rallies I
think I'll start keeping my copies of the Blue Beret to start camping fires.

Rick Langer
#3847, VAC, TCT