[VAL] Declining WBCCI members...was survey

This question comes up all the time.  I don't know what the answers
are...but I have a few thoughts about it.
These WBCCI "folks," the same folks that have been members for a long time,
some even a lifetime..."do" the same things as they always have...because
they have fun!

Every so often, some more often than others, they load up their gear, and
"hit" the roadways of the Continent!

 They actually get out of their houses and tackle new adventures in their
beloved Airstreams.  I don't think the Airstreams make them like that, I
think they are a special breed of "folks" who just can't get their
satisfactions from sitting around their "permanent" homes...with a remote
control...in front of a television!

IMHO...the problem with declining memberships, is the American lifestyle!!
We are growing more lazy, spoiled and fatter all the time.

Yes...maybe the WBCCI could modify their Caravans...to long
weekends...entice the "workaholics" into joining the groups...there are some
solutions.  Mostly I think that the days of great numbers actually getting
out and doing physical stuff...are over.

The big question is...what do the new members want to do that the older
members don't?

Meanwhile...the member numbers are declining...through attrition!  The
lifetime members are still "on the road" right up to their ends.  They are a
noble bunch of pioneers...still.

Get out, have fun, invite your family and friends...and the situation may
change.  If it doesn't...then..."you" enjoy!

Nick Novia  "grounded in domestic Hell...with only a shell of my,
'68 Safari
WBCCI 2577
WDCU
VAC