Re: [VAL] Frame Seperation

Hi Ja Co,

It's the morning after and I had one wide awake observation.  I neglected to
tell you that I put new galvanized 1/4-20 bolts at the ends of the
outriggers.  Rather than leave the assembly as done by Airstream, I
sandwiched the floor between the aluminum monocoque and the outrigger.  It's
possible that the engineers planned for the floor flex to prevent breaking
the outrigger weld and/or damage to the monocoque.

Like the replacement wheel well interior covers I constructed from sheet
metal to replace the OEM plastic that disintegrated due to age, I'm informed
that the sheet metal is too rigid and may damage the monocoque.  The sheet
metal can't dissipate the vibration like the ABS plastic.

                                                            '69 Safari, Joy