[VAL] Flooring Questions

Three years ago we replaced the carpet in our '77 Tradewind with a new, sage
green short shag.  It's warm and cozy underfoot and we love the way it feels
in the morning.

We travel with 3 dogs, including a lovable 17-year-old who is having trouble
remembering to go outside to pee.  After one accident too many, we are
reluctantly considering alternatives to carpet.  We're not interested in wood or
laminate floors, and that seems to leave us with a choice of cork, tile or sheet
goods.  Given the complexity of the floor layout, installing sheet goods would
seem very difficult.  We're currently on the road for a couple of months and
cork seems like too much of a project to take on right now.

If we're going to do anything before our return home, it would probably be
tile.  I looked at tile choices at Home Depot and it appeared that conventional
tile might add too much weight to the A/S.  The peel-and-stick variety is
considerably lighter, but I'm not convinced that it will stay stuck to the floor.
The floor in our Tradewind is 1/2" plywood that has quite a bit of flex to
it.  I sealed the top surface with 2 coats of penetrating epoxy before we
installed the new carpet.

Has anyone successfully used peel-and-stick tiles in a '70's A/S?  Does
anyone have any peel-and-stick horror stories, or installation tips?  Any other
suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Lincoln Soule
'77 Tradewind