Re: [VAL] Frame Seperation

Bill,

Frame separation is not a problem to be solved by frame stiffeners. The frame
stiffener was primarily for 73-76 coaches with overload problems caused by the
addition of the gray water tank to the rear of the coach.

The problem you describe is addressed in another Service Bulletin concerning
frame separation. The problem had to due with the washers used on the bolts that
go through the floor bow where is crosses over the box frame rail. The bulletin
applied primarily to 68-70 coaches.
The washers/spacers were too small and would eventually allow the bolt to pull
through allowing the floor bow and the body attached to it to separate from the
frame rail. The service bulletin describes a method to access and replace the
bolt/spacers to pull everything back together. If you have rear compartment
access to the point were the bow and rail intersect it is preferred to make the
repair from the inside by remove inside skin to access the bolt. Otherwise it is
necessary to open up the outside skin, make the repair and patch the access
point with what was to be called "elephant ears" for the shape.
The service bulletin is #1 in the modern series. With frame separation as #2 in
the series.
While I do not have access to an online copy I believe someone on this list
serve does.

Charlie