Re: [VAL] 12v wiring

Hey Confused Harry:

If yours is like my '67 the power to that pump is via a switch above the
fridge.  Then there is a hunk of romex from the switch, through the wall,
popping out right near the pump.  The pump should have the fuse in the same
wire as the switch, ie, the hot one.  Take a meter and see which of the
romex wires is hot (12V).  That's really all that matters.  If you find that
it's the "wrong" color, the hot one being white and the ground black, and
you can't stand that, you can get into the wiring back at the switch.  The
ground wire from the pump should be the one from the motor end of the pump
only.  Should be black.  The 12V should go to the business end of the pump
into the pressure switch housing.  Should be red.  I would expect to see the
fuse in this wire.  I'll send you a photo of the mess I have offline to
further confuse you.

Later,

GQ '67 Safari
4020 in CA

PS:  If this pump that you have looks like a sewing machine, all bets are
off.