RE: [VAL] Electric Choices

I couldn't agree more with the EU2000!  I've had one for a year and a half
now and love it.  I boodnock in the winter to hunt in the northwest.  Even
at 8000' elevation it ran perfectly and was very quiet.  Started every
morning even in freezing weather.  I could run my microwave, computer,
lights etc., and still charge my battery.  (BTW, also recommend the optima
battery, ran the heat for 12 hours and never let me down.)  Unfortunately,
the 2000 won't power my original A/C in my '68 28', but I really didn't
expect it to be able to.  One of the best features of this model is that you
can put two of them together and get 4000W of power which will run the AC!
After looking at the cost of two 2000EUs and one 3000EU, the two won hands
down.  Only about $100 more, together they weigh less than the 3000 and I
get the extra power.  If you decide to get two, watch the price of the
cables.  Some places are getting more than $200!  I found several sites with
directions to make you own for a fraction of the cost.  Since the generators
are electronically controlled, they automatically sync so a simple connector
is easy to make.
Pete