Re: [VAL] Electric Choices

Hello Harry:

If you want to charge a battery there is a special cord that plugs into the
front of the generator.  The other end is a pair of battery clips. It
charges at 8 amps or so.

For the trailer, I run an extension cord between the generator and the 30
amp cord supply cord for the trailer.  The trailer doesn't know that it is
not hooked up to "normal" AC.  The trailer systems work as they always do
120VAC at the plugs and 12VDC at the lights etc.  The Univolt or whatever
you have charges the battery.  I find that a 15 minute hookup to the
generator this way will recharge an evenings worth of lights and maybe a  CD
movie watched on my laptop.  Or a little TV (the news) with my 9" 12V color
TV (48W).  I do use little propane single mantle lamps as much as possible
to keep the usage low.  If I need a batch of microwave popcorn (big current
draw) I start the generator for 5 minutes (a quick pull).  I keep the
generator on a shelf in the back of my truck inside the shell.  Just open a
side window, the rear hatch, and let 'er rip. Can barely be heard 10 feet
away, but it CAN be heard.

Nothing to it really.

GQ '67 Safari
4022 in CA