[VAL] Grounded to Frame, GFI's and Hypothetical Scenarios

What is meant by "neutral and ground isolated" ...isolated from what? each
other? hasn't that always been the correct way i.e isn't that the ONLY way to
do it? Or is there some legit application where they touch?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hypothetical:
The trailer is correctly wired with safety ground "circuit" going to the
ground buss and that buss going to frame. Mama accidently drops her portable
mixmaster (locked in the ON position) in a sink full of water. The mixmaster
was plugged into a three prong circuit without any GFI receptacles.The
mixmaster has a 3 wire plug. Junior is coming back from the pool and it has
been raining, the soil around the trailer is soaked,Junior, barefoot, has
stopped at door to say goodby to a friend and has one hand on the assist
handle, one bare foot on the aluminum fold out step, and one bare foot on the
wet soil. He is in this place at precisely the time Mama drops her mixmaster.

I assume the mixmaster shorts and a charge spikes back thru the "third rail
safety ground circuit" to the frame...??? Right ???

Does Junior get a hotfoot or does he assume room temp?  Why?

There are only 2 or 3 circuits in our Airstreams. One or two should have a
GFI anyway, so by just adding enough more to make the first recepticle of
each circuit GFI'd (Ground Fault Interrupted) wouldn't we solve the grounding
problem in all but the rarest of occurances?
 BTW (and I suppose it is obvious) I admit freely to being kilowatt
challenged.

++HeX++