Re: [VAL] awning question

David - I removed one from a '66 Overlander and it ended up being easier
than I ever thought. A word of caution, though! The rear arm was under load
and could very well take your head off if you're not careful. I'm not sure
that on every Zip Dee its the trailing arm either. Be very careful when you
are releasing the roll-up tension. Don't do this by yourself. Four hands are
better than two.

I contacted Zip Dee directly and asked them for advise. They sent me
directions for removing the awning. Unlike other RV awning manufacturers,
Zip Dee only has the tension spring attached to just the one end. This
allows you to make a longer awning fit a shorter trailer.

Brad Norgaard
Phoenix
'59 Trade Wind Twin
VAC #2699, TCT