[VAL] Re: Gas lines under the '66.

Dear Harry,
Ours is a '65 Trade Wind Twinn 24'. We have been working our way from front
to back on the interior. Underneath is the exposed propane gas piping just as
you described it on your rig. When I first saw it...I thought it might be a
previous owners micky mouse installation but as we got furthur into the project
we became better at seeing what was messed up by owners and what was the
factory installation. We haven't decided whether or not to replace those lines. They
seem to be ok where we have reconnected new applainces to them.
We did cut up and out all the original plumbing (copper) but have not
replaced it yet. Has anyone relocated the water pump to the galley area? We think
that will eliminate one of the lines to the back of the rig. We did remove the
black water tank and cut and patched the top so the toilet base from the new
Thetford Aquamatic 4 will line up exactly. Sonrise RV in Escondido, Ca made the
patch out of fiberglass and installed a new soft rubber sleeve where the toilet
drain will slip into it. I've devised a two piece wood "Box" to support the
toilet and transfer all the weight to the rig floor and not to the tank. If
anyone wants the full scale drawing of that "Box" let me know. Our rear
compartment is shaping up very nicely with all new components and the new Vinyl
"Parque" tiles. We even cleaned and painted the old battery tray and topped it with
some of the "Parque" tile. We have a new Thetford dump valve but reused a much
cleaned up plastic junction element where the grey and black water join. All
new gaskets here should keep this area very sanitary in the future.
Stuart.