[VAL] Dura Torque name plate?

Gang,

I called the Airstream factory today to see about getting a new Dura
Torque axle installed on our 1960 Pacer.  (I know that conventional
wisdom is that Airstream didn't switch to Dura-Torques until around
1962, but that's what it has.  No springs, and a square axle tube with
trailing arms and shock absorbers.)  As a preliminary they asked me if I
could get the information from an aluminum nameplate mounted somewhere
on the axle.

I don't remember seeing any nameplate when I had the brake drums off
this summer for cleaning and repacking the wheel bearings.  Earlier this
evening I crawled under the trailer and had a pretty good look around
and couldn't find anything that looked like an identifying plate.  (Of
course, the fact that temperatures were in the single digits and wind
chill below zero, and I was working in the dark with a flashlight,
didn't help any.)

What am I looking for, and where is it usually located?  Is it a
full-blown name plate with a bunch of information on it, or just a
number tag with a string of digits?  And where did they usually put
them?

Of course it could be that there was a nameplate at one time, but it has
parted company with the axle some time in the last 44 years. . .

Thanks,

John Sellers
1960 Pacer
WBCCI/VAC #1587