[VAL] RE: VAL Digest V1 #113

I got the old black water tank out of my 71 Safari yesterday. It wasn't
nearly as bad a job as I had feared. The old tank is way beyond repair
and I'm trying to get a new one now. This tank was made by El Monte
Plastics (EMP, 38-H-15, IAMPO, T-1410). I called them and they are still
checking to see if they have the data to build a new tank. Inca Plastics
will also make one if I can supply a drawing. I believe that Ronco
Plastics will also make one, but I haven't checked with them yet.
I'm going to make an Autocad drawing of the tank. I believe that someone
on the list is collecting CAD drawings for the older Airstreams. My
trailer is a 1971 L23D2 type. If you need this drawing, just let me
know.

Also a note about cat heaters:
 They are generally not vented and discharge into the cabin. This is
safe because no carbon monoxide is produced. However, they produce water
vapor as a by product of the burn process. This water will collect in
the cabin. Personally, I don't like this. I'm still fighting with my old
Suburban furnace and just about ready to replace this cranky old beast
with a new furnace.

Dave Beard