[VAL] tire skids

hello all
i had been reading the smartire thread with interest when one of my hot
questions got answered. i had no idea what those blasted spring steel
contraptions were hanging down from my axle in the newly purchased 66 safari.
now i know...... but can you tell me,, are they truely worth keeping and were
they an airstream product from the factory or an after market type product?

"laying a new vinyl floor is tough when its 20 degrees, anyone want a box of
asbestos?"

harry truitt
franktown co
66 safari