Re: [VAL] Anyone out there? and AC installation

Hi Glyn,

I too am not crazy about the roof mounting of AC.  In fact I just removed
the vintage AC from the 62 Globe Trotter.  After our 7500 mile trip to the
east coast the roof had many, many rivets popped out around the AC and it
had started to crack the interior skin and push it downward away from the
aluminum framework.  It is my conviction that the trailer was not
structurally designed to support the weight.  Same goes for the 66
Overlander where the AC has cracked the interior skin...I have not removed
it yet but plan to do so.  I am leaning toward the floor mounted AC under
the couch next time.

Interestingly enough the AC was flattening the roof exterior skin which
returned to the correct curvature when I lifted the AC off the
trailer....well drug it off on the ladder!  Very heavy!   I don't think
Walley approved that add on!  I can imagine the GT even pulling a little
easier now.

Happy trails, GAS