[VAL] Historic Plates for Oregon Trailers

I was finishing up at the DMV counter today when the nice lady behind
the counter (really!!!) noticed the new copy of the Vintage Advantage I
had been reading (looks great, by the way... nice job Brian!). She
asked if I had a trailer and I proceeded to tell her about my '56
Safari that'll be ready for the road by June (trailer gods and title
search engines willing) She asked if I had plates and I don't yet, then
pulled out a DMV notice that had a paragraph saying something about
permanent registration and special historic plates that will be
available starting Jan 1, 2004 for non-motorized vehicles. So, my
fellow Oregonian Vintage Trailerites without original plates, this
would be something to check out in the new year. I don't know what the
new plates will look like, but it's certainly worth looking into anyway.

Steve Lewis
'56 Safari