RE: [VAL] Re: bike racks

Greetings Jo Annn!

The general placement of your fresh and waste tanks in the Bubble
approximate that used by Airstream in my '78 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre.
The water tank is under the front window (25 gallons), the black tank is
in the rear (9 gallons), the gray tank is in the rear street-side corner
(8 gallons).  The range/oven and furnace are over the axle on the
curbside and the water heater is just to the rear of the axle on the
street-side.  Actually the positioning of your gray tank is probably
somewhat better for weight management than the rear corner where it is
in my Minuet's original floorplan.  The tongue weight on my Minuet is
550 pounds with a gross weight of 3,100 pounds.

I also always try to empty the wastewater tanks before traveling any
great distance as the Minuet's ground clearance needs all of the help it
can get - - I am hoping that its new axle corrects most of its ground
clearance issues.

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359