Re: [VAL] Re: Replacing a range

Al:
We just replaced the Magic Chef in our trailer with a new Magic Chef that
had Piezo electric (easy for you to say) ignition for the top burners.. I
think the oven is still light the pilot to get it running... The box is
steel, but not very heavy... I did the replacement myself and had no
difficulty lifting the unit into the old slot... The fit was exact, right
down to the location of the screws that held it in... I had to cut about 6"
of the gas feed, due to a new regulator on the new stove that was not on
the old stove... other than that, I would say absolutely no difficulty...
Looking forward to using the new 3 burner configuration... The 4 burner
does not have a higher output burner...

I am sure you might save a few pounds with an aluminum stove, but the total
saved is probably not worth the aggravation in finding the thing... Go for
the features you like in a stove... weight be damned...leave a few gallons
of water at home if you think you are too heavy...

Have fun....

Jim