[VAL] Re: Pex plumbing and "Flair-it" fittings

Hello,
Another call to Jr. at Sonrise Rv in Escondido, Ca reveals that he and his
entire Rv repair staff prefer the Pex (formerly Quest) system over the CPVC or
other plumbing repair systems. He says that it's somewhat flexible, has quality
fittings that can be taken apart later so you don't have to cut and splice
your plumbing like you have to when you fix your irrigation plumbing. For those
who want to you can use blue for the cold loops and red for the hot lines. He
says furthur that they have collectively 80 years experience and this is the
best system. He didn't mention if it holds up under freeze conditions. I think
the full name for the stuff is: Vanex Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX). I don't
know if Home Depot carries it but we'll find out soon.
We plan to place the pump behind the range where there is considerable wasted
space. That should eliminate one line/strand of piping going back to the
back. Our H2O tank is in the front under the couch. We think the factory wanted
the original very noisy pump to be in the back to not disturb people in the
front. The new pump is fairly quiet. Will it get cooked behind the range? How hot
will it get back there? Ours is a new Atwood range that is several inches
shorter than the original. Somewhere just aft of the pump we hope to attach the
"City" water connection. That would be outside the rig near the galley area.
Anyone see any problems with that concept? This will allow a cleaner neater rear
compartment, too. Thanks for all the help, Stuart Resor.