[VAL] hello, and vexing leaks

Hello-

I'm new to the list. Purchased a 1979 31' International sovereign a few
months ago. We are in the process of revamping the interior in
preparation for full timing beginning next spring for a year with our
two young boys. I have admired Airstream trailers since my dad, also a
great admirer, pointed one out to me while we were on a road trip in
the early '70's.

I have a question: I have been working on eliminating some leaks which
became apparent as soon as we removed the flooring and beds. I went at
any suspect areas with a vengeance, concentrating on two areas: the
very rear, where the toolbox mounts to the frame members (there's a
flat piece of flat flashing that was uncaulked and appeared to be a
culprit), and the area just ahead of the door. I have since expanded my
hunt to the whole trailer, as my progressive caulk coverage hasn't
stopped the leaks.

While I've gone through several tubes of Vulkem, and one of a clear
glass sealant (name escapes me right now), I have yet to stop the
leaks. I have caulked:

	the flashing penetration at the toolbox, as well as the frame
penetrations;
	around each window frame, toe beading the bottom and sides and heavily
on the top;
	the trim strip where the belly pan meets the skin (at the floor line);
	the trip strip mid way up the sides (just in case..);
	every roof penetration except the micro vent:  A/C, air vents,
plumbing vents, antenna, bath 	vents;
	the door perimeter;
	I have toe beaded with clear any glass that appeared suspect;
	around the water heater, furnace, & battery openings;
	any seams that looked suspect.

My A/S has awnings on three sides. I can't imagine the mounting strips
for these as being suspect..?
Any chance there's a leak occurring between the window frame and sash,
which could make its way between the skins?
I'm running out of options. Am considering suspending the trailer with
a crane over a huge vat of molten caulk and lowering away..

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks- I certainly appreciate
this forum!

Chris