RE: [VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #89 - Flush that tank!

waymark1@juno.com said "Fill the tank with water when it is less than
halfway full from flushing, and dump it."

We like to put in lots of water right after dumping.  It really prevents
odor and build up, because the water helps dissolve everything quicker.
Then when almost full we dump it.  It is only when we are not hooked up
to a sewer connection, that we don't do so.  Then we are conservative
with the paper.
We don't use a chemical, although we had to use some when we first
bought the trailer to dissolve some build up and make the valve close
completely, as the previous owner had been parked in a permanent spot
for a few years.

Tricia & Conrad