[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #85 - Battery gases

You might not want to put the converter or other electronic things in the same
space as the battery.
My old ('79) converter has just about finished off two modern sealed deep
cycle batteries. The manual said to check the battery water level and add
(distilled) when needed. Impossible with a sealed battery. I am going to have
to get a modern converter that will not cook the batteries and evaporate the
water before I replace the batteries.
As the top of my plastic battery box blew off on the last trip I am going to
have to get a new one.
I am considering getting a bigger deep cycle battery or batteries, like one
for a floor sweeper, since I have to get or make a new battery box anyway.
Any experience with such batteries?
Al Grayson