Re: [VAL] Our introduction

    Gary,

    I kind of don't have much choice using a U-Haul as we only own a Camry
wagon with a rated towing max. of 2,000lbs.

    The issue of the electric brakes has gotten my attention too.  What is
involved in adding the hardware  (temporarily) to the U-Haul so as to have
them operable?

    The trip south will be over at least two days if not three and VEEEERRRY
slowly.  I'm thinking 45 to 50 MPH.  Is even that too fast?

    By coincidence we're going to Los Gatos to pick up an Equal-I-Zer anti-
sway hitch that I also bought on eBay.  I can't use it on the U-Haul as they
don't have the 2" square pipe welded to the rear, so that fact and the
possibility of no trailer brakes has me convinced to take it easy with a lot
of room in front of me.

    The hitch will be good for the possible day I do get a bigger tow
vehicle.

    Do you think I could use my 1995 Camry wagon, V-6, automatic to tow the
Caravel up the coast about 20 miles to a state park if I took it real easy?
Or would that be too much for the transmission even on that short run?

    Thanks already to all for sharing the great information.

    Glyn