[VAL] New from factory or new to you

Hi Ed Emerick,

Would you send your list to me? I'd like to compare notes.

Your comment "it would take some talking to get me to do it again" brought a
smile and head-nodding agreement. I have had an unrestored '63 22' Flying
Cloud in our back yard for three years. I bought it when the restoration of
our '67 22' Safari was moving along quickly.  My thinking was we'd sell the
'67 soon and start on the '63.  Little did we know what was about to occur.

First - July 2003 happened. We took the '67 to the WBCCI Convention in
Burlington. Surprise of surprises ....  everything worked on the '67 and
everything worked on our restored tow vehicle - a '75 Mercury Wagon. In
fact, all Summer long everything worked on both. Even the mirror shined 17'
aluminum canoe on top of the Mercury was leak free when we explored small
lakes and rivers. We enjoyed those two months far more than either us ever
anticipated. The '67 22' Safari is a comfortable Summer Cottage.

Then in September 2003, we took the '67 with us on the WBCCI Lighthouse
Caravan around the Michigan Peninsula. We towed with our diesel Surburban
and everything continued to work on the Airstream. We thought - "Gads, we
actually did a helluva good job with this one. It's mechanically reliable;
the new upholstery, foam, drapes and carpet click with our sensibilities;
and the mirror shine is outstanding. "

Anyhow .... and I never dreamed I'd be saying this; I'm not sure when we'll
start restoring the Flying Cloud. The Safari feels so right to us that we
may not be able to part with it after all. We may have a keeper here.

Perhaps we'll limit ourselves to only two (3?) Airstreams - the '89 32' we
tow south when it's too cold in the North (our Winter Quarters), the '67 22'
we use up north when it's too hot in the South (our Summer Cottage) and the
'63 22'  we contemplate in our back yard (our Lady-in-Waiting).

Ed, your exact words were "Like I said I have enjoyed my journey but it
would take some talking to get me to do it again." If I was saying it, I'd
add three more words to that sentence. My words would be - It would take a
<lot more than> some talking to get me to do it again.

Terry

mailto:tylerbear@airstream.net