Re: [VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #78

I agree, Roger. Your fresh water will have the antifreeze taste a   l o n g
time  if it's put in the fresh water tank. It's not hard to disconnect the
inlet water line to the pump and use the pump to push antifreeze through the
lines. My 24' Tradewind takes about 1 gal of antifreeze since I have
installed a water heater bypass available at RV stores. Pays for itself the
first year. My first Airstream back in the 70s had a low spot in the water
line and blowing the lines out with compressed air didn't get all the water
out. The water froze and split the line in an inaccessible place (naturally)
and would have cost a lot to have it repaired. It took a lot of time and
sweat effort to fix it myself and I promised myself I would not have frozen
split lines again. And I haven't.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind