Re: [VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #78

    Hello Faith
    Hope all is well.
    Wal-Mart has the RV anti-freeze. It's pink and comes in a a gallon
container.
To get it in the water lines some people disconnect the inlet side of the
fresh water tank pump
and insert a hose into the anti-freeze and then pump it into the system that
way.
    To me that's to much trouble. Open the water drain valve's that are by the
fresh water tank.
Also drain the water heater. Once all that's done simply pour the anti-freeze
into your fresh water tank.
Then you will want to turn on the water pump (switch on the control panel),
this will pump the anti-freeze into the lines once you turn on each faucet
that you want the anti-freeze in.
    I forget exactly how much you can dilute the anti-freeze down with water
(or even if you can) but I'm sure it will tell you on the container. Also
before you use the water system for drinking you will need to flush all the
lines out.
The anti-freeze taste bad. I don't use it. We like to camp in the winter too.
    What I do is drain all the water lines, then I take a air fitting (tire
valve) that I have on a piece of water hose that I can attach to my fresh
water connection, then I take and pressurize the system about 50-60 PSI and
have my wife open each faucet one at a time to remove the water. I don't know
if I get it all but I haven't had any problems doing it this way. Of course we
don't get the cold weather like you all do in the Ozarks. Also you can leave
the heat on about 50-60 and leave the cabinet doors open so the warm air gets
in there too.
Take care. Tell Frank hello too
Bobby Gill
Valdosta, GA