Re: [VAL] Road worthiness

Hi Ivan,
Good looking rig you got there. Is mostly original and I really like the
space age bubble on top  :)

Removing rivets is a simple task. Use an 1/8" drill bit and when ready,
replace with the same size aluminum pop rivet on the belly pay. If replacing
where it will show, use Olympic rivets from several sources including
AirstreamDreams or Inland RV. Don't get the ones with the neoprene washers.
Use Vulkem instead.

As far as the tear goes, it really depends on the length and location of the
tear. Maybe I should have studied your photos more because I didn't notice
it. If the tear is flush with the surface, I would just put a patch of
aluminum over it. Seal it up with Vulkem before attaching the patch.

Get that missing vent hole in the ceiling covered before any more rain. I
can offer some assistance in person providing you are not too far away from
Phoenix. Let me know.

Brad Norgaard
Phoenix
'59 Trade Wind Twin