Re: [VAL] RE: INVERTERS

Dan:
Allergies can be a real problem.. I think heating the camper is the big
problem, you can't carry enough batteries to supply electric heat for
anything bigger than the sleeping bags... at least not for long...

With a modern furnace, I don't think you will have much in the way of
fumes, but then I don't have the sensitivity to the combustion fumes that
would cause me to notice....

I have 4 batteries in the back of the truck and a Hart Interface Inverter
that will supply a 15 amp circuit for a while and will power a TV  and DVD
for a lot longer.... A heavy drain like a hair curler will sap the
batteries quickly...Trying to heat the trailer would be impossible..

One of the principle reasons for LP is the ease in carrying a considerable
amount of BTUs in a small container...

.If you can stand the exhaust from a car or a generator, you could carry
the BTU's as gasoline and run the generator to operate a heat pump or
resistance heaters... You could mount the generator in the back of the
truck and keep it remote by the use of a fairly long power cord...I carry
about 100' as a 50' generator cord, a 25' extension and the 25' or so that
is on the trailer.  Your generator would have to be sizeable ... like a
7.5KW or maybe even bigger... I assume you will still want to cook in the
trailer with electric as well....

Good luck...let us know how your research progresses...

Jim