[VAL] Re: the cost of desire

Chris--now that you've heard from Gary, let this be a
warning to you.  If you aren't careful, you could end
up like him and the rest of us! ;)

For example, I'm trying to figure out whether I'll put
cork or linoleum in my airstream.  I just can't bear
that non-vintage indoor/outdoor carpet that the PO
installed.  Meanwhile, the kitchen (of our house) was
due for a new floor about three years ago.  Amazingly,
even my wife has had her judgement sufficiently
impaired so as not to notice this disparity.

I employ Gary's logic with my wife on a regular basis.
 I need these tools.  And besides, they could be, uh,
useful for other things.  For example, if I get laid
off, I could use them to be an Airstream mechanic!

Here's the most important thing to remember: It's not
about whether the necessary tools will run up the cost
of the hobby...it's about whether the hobby requires
enough tools.

Jon in SC
68 Overlander
wbcci 9573