[VAL] AlanTBird

AlanT,

Our 1969 29' International Ambassador has everything  _original_ except the
fridge which was replaced back in 1988 due to it's not being able to operate
on 12vdc current.  Of course the interior plastic of the fridge door
cracking and warping the door added to our decision not to rebuild it but
rather replace it.

When we got our _vintage_ Airstream back then we added awnings, too.  Let me
add here that I will _NEVER_ again use A&E awning products on _anything_ we
ever own now and into the future.  The A&E awning hardware is the pits!  I
can't believe I paid _THAT MUCH MONEY_ for something that rusted away and
had to be replaced with stainless steel.  A&E is *cheaper* (and it is,
believe me!) than ZipDee and the cost back then was taken into when my
decision was made to go with A&E.  I am sorry I did that and wish I had
spent the extra money for ZipDee which I'd never have to replace.

For what it's worth our 1995 34' Airstream Classic Excella FK has all the
bells and whistles from the start including but not limited to ZipDee
awnings and even a washer-dryer combo which can be used at the campsite.  We
love our home away from home - the newest Airstream - and we also love the
vintage one as well.

Tom
WBCCI 5303