Re: [VAL] Dent

Hello. My '73 Ambassador has lots of battle damage that it has received over
the years
from the various owners that has towed it around since it rolled out of the
factory in 1973.
There's a few that I will eventually fix, mainly the one where someone backed
into an overhang
or low limb that dented the top above the aft window.
For the most part the others don't seem to be of great concern at least to me,
heck it's 30 years old for crying out loud, it should have a few wrinkles and
scratches.
When we have it set up at a campground and the awnings are out and the kids
are roasting
marshmallows, never once has either said "geez dad our camper sure has a lot
of dents and
scratches, can we get a new one" or "oh my what an ugly trailer".
They do like it even though it's old, sleeping on the floor, who was Airstream
kidding
when they said it sleeps "four". But the kids enjoy every minute of every trip
that we take
with the scratched up and dented 1973 Airstream Ambassador, easy to pick out
at a campground too,
usually the only A/S around. Guess all the others still around with dents just
stay home to save the
embarrassment/humiliation of being seen in public. Not ours, it still shines
in the sun,
with the Zip Dee awnings out, kids playing having fun, it looks good, from a
distance.
It could be posing for a photo shoot. But most importantly instead of being
all primp and polish
(mirror shine), it's still providing our family a lot of enjoyment.

Bobby
'73 Ambassador (Old Beater)
Valdosta, GA