Re: [VAL] Weigh Station Open

Rick,

If there was a line, I don't think unhitching would make you any friends.

For those traveling in southern Oregon, there is a lovely, little used,
free, weigh station on Hwy 62 (Crater Lake Highway) just north of Eagle
Point, on the southbound side.

We'd never weighed in before, so on we went.  I have it written down in the
trailer's journal, but I think I remember it being 1850 front axle, 4500
rear axle, and 6450 on the trailer's tandems.  Do the experts think these
numbers are about right, and well within safe limits?

Is there a list of other free weigh stations?  Does it rate them for very
busy traffic or virtually none?  We were pulled over in Eagle Point for at
least 5 minutes and noone else came--great!

Jim, JR, and Jezebel (the standard poodle)

'85 Limited 32'
'03 Avalanche 2500