[VAL] Re: furnace removal

I have a 68 Overlander.  I couldn't get the shell of
the furnace out without taking apart the cabinet or
cutting up the shell.  It looks as though they built
the cabinet around it.  It was possible to remove the
guts of the furnace.  They were mounted on a sub-frame
that slid right out.  This would have permitted
replacement with the same model...30 years ago.

I used the old jig saw with a fine-tooth metal blade.
It cut through that old shell like butter...

Jon in SC
68 Overlander