Re: [VAL] solar

Riv:
   My frig is made by Novakool, a Canadian, BC outfit. It is
specifically for RV's and folks who are off the grid. It is 12v only
and uses the new "freon" that autos use. It supposedly uses 3 amp/day
or half that if installed with extra foam insulation. I'm not sure
about venting - I'll check on that. Thanks for the encouragement. If it
doesn't work out, meaning that the batteries can't keep up with it with
the help of the generator (Honda EU2000), I'll put a couple of solar
panels up - probably the flexible ones. 'We have a local company that
will order them and install them. That's the plan.