RE: [VAL] Vintage Nameplate Color?

Ok, now even I am confused.  Are we talking about the Block Lettering
Plate:
http://campingclassics.com/rr_topics_nameplate.html

or the "Deco" Plate:
http://campingclassics.com/archives1/56Safari/56Safaric.jpg
http://campingclassics.com/archives1/51Cruisette/51CruisetteB/51Cruisettee.jpg
http://campingclassics.com/archives1/54FC/%2754FCf.jpg

AirstreamDreams.com makes a nice repro of the Block Plate in an
appropriate blue background.  No one yet makes the script plate (too
bad), and from what I've seen of early 1950 rally pictures, the original
background of the old deco plate was also blue. Now as to what color
blue it actually was is tough.  Since both the blue on the plate and
pictures faded, it's hard to tell.  Most plates nowadays don't have a
trace of color left in them, much like my plate was.

Colin, think you and Steve might make the Deco plate one day?

Later,
RJ