Re: [VAL] waste tank valves

Nathan
Due to the limited space for the dump valve I'd doubt you'd really want a
ball valve to replace the compact slide valve. Another thing if you did
decide to replace the slide valve with a ball type you'd be lowering the
waste hookup unless you really modified the outlet to keep it the same exit
height. If you lowered the slinky connection you'd be very upset the first
time you ended up at a campsite where the sewer hookup was 7 or 8 inches
above the ground or if it was high where the sewer connection ended up
having the s--- go uphill instead of down. The reason I point this out is
because Airstreams sit lower than SOB trailers and fifth wheels. When we
went to Chattanooga we were assigned a site where the sewer hose when
connected was almost perfectly level. We ended up changing sites in the A.M.
to one more suited to the low sitting Airstream.
Bobby