[VAL] Hiya Val!

Good to see the list transfer went so very seamlessly!  Great job!  The new
list name though, I must admit, feels kind of odd as an accronym--I feel like I
am addressing some woman (probably a diner waitress, about 40)!  So, hiya
Val!

Love the stories about folks travel plans.  I am massively jealous of you
folks who can just toot off to the Sierras!  Anyone else headed out this weekend?
 As our baby is fairly torn apart at this time, we're just taking her out to
the inspection station! But the foam should be ready in a week, so long as the
foam banditos get to work (I used to call them the foamerie, but when I
comparison shopped and found out how expensive the darned stuff was, they
transformed into los banditos).  Also finally got our personalized plates, though we
are still finegaling with the DMV (registration error).  So, if you see a
trailer with Virginia "toaster" plates, do say hi!

Spending my spare time sanding the woodwork.  It's going slow mostly because
I start and then quit after a bit--it's yucky boring work. Still, it gives me
copious opportunity to listen to NPR. One thing as I deconstruct the interiors
strikes me--I don't think, at that time at least (1961)--that the quality
standards so evident in the body construction extended to the
furnishings/finishings.  The  original upholstery job was quite marginally done--and mostly
stapled. When I get the stuff back, I plan to make covers, instead of stapling it
down, so that they can be removed & cleaned.  Also, they sealed the wall behind
the bath/shower with contact paper.  In ours, that is bubbling up, so am
considering how to replace it with.  Oh, and that fake wood grain formica is just
plain cheesy!!!

OK, gotta get to work now!

Mary Dotson
61 Safari