Re: [VACList] Truck Tires?

Greetings Dave!

My '99 Suburban has tires of very similar size, and when I replaced the
factory tires at 45,000 miles, I went with my regular tire dealer's
suggestion - - Michelin LTX M/S with all season tread.  The size on my
Suburban is LT 255 75 R16 Load Range E.  My only complaint with the tires
was seeming instability or hydroplaning on wet roads - - it turned out that
the problem was with front end alignment - - while it was within factory
specifications - - tightening up on some of the adjustments resulted in near
perfect road manners - - the Michelin tires now have nearly 70,000 miles on
them (about 75% towing either the Airstream or Argosy), and will likely need
to be replaced at about 75,000 miles (the Suburban just hit 114,000 miles).
I will be going back to my regular tire dealer for another set of the same
tires later this year (I fully expect my Suburban to exceed 300,000 miles
before I even consider trading).  The tire is exceptionally quiet on the
highway (road noise was something that I disliked with both the Good Year
Wrangler and Workhorse Radials neither of which ever gave me more than
50,000 miles).

I suspect that the installed price for a set of four of the Michelins will
likely push $190/tire as I know that my present set was $760 installed, with
mounting and balancing in 2001.

Good luck with your decision!

Kevin