Re: [VACList] Re:General info on jacking/changing tire

If you are talking about a safety backup support while changing the tire,
you have the other tire to fall back on when working on the dual axle
trailers ... just keep body parts out from under the trailer while working
on the flat...

Single axle trailers pose a different problem... If you are removing a
tire, you are left with a bigger problem if the jack were to slip or
fail... Either carry enough blocking, or jack stands....Regular jack stands
might be too tall to slip under the trailer without some "tuning" .....Some
additional bottle jacks w/ the appropriate blocking might be the answer....

You bring up a good point, I have seen some precarious situations where the
trailer was up on one jack with the wheel missing... I just assumed the
owner was trying to keep the trailer from traveling while he was away...

Jim