Re: [VACList] Emergency Road Service Clubs

Hex,
I am a member of AAA Plus RV which costs my wfe and I about $130/ year. This
includes an unlimited number of tows/year up to a maximum of 100 miles per
tow. If you need to go further (your choice) you pay the going rate per mile
in excess. They will only tow you once per breakdown. In otherwords you
can't get towed all over town looking for the cheapest repair shop.

> Has anyone had the experience of the tow vehicle breaking down? Do they
send
> two wreckers at once, or do you have to leave one of the units or do they
> ever tow both together?

Several years ago while living in Canada I was a member of CAA with the plus
RV option (recipricol agreements with AAA and similar services) and I was on
my way to an Ice Race with my race car. My tow vehicle broke down and I was
stuck on the side of the highway. The Police called CAA and requested a
"Float" with a tow hitch. They showed up and loaded my truck onto the Float
then hitched the car trailer up to the back. I gave the guy the directions
to the race track and off we went. It didn't cost me a nickel, although I
did tip the driver. It was a little embarassing showing up at the race "on
the hook" but I was only 20 minutes late and we had a great event. We
repaired the truck in the paddock and had a good trip home. After that
experience I would never travel without AAA/CAA. Lots of other perks as
well.

> Also wonder what is the farthest one of these services has come to bring
any
> of you aid?
They will find you anywhere in North America.
Colin