[VACList] K&N Air Filter (Was My Appologies)

I've had similar results with a K&N on my 86 Caprice Wagon with a
three-ought-five V8 4-barrel. Noticable increase in throttle response and
high-rpm power, and better mileage. I've also flipped over the air cleaner
cover to pull in more air, which also helps, tho you really notice the
intake howl at high rpms with the secondaries open. I get 12.5 mpg pulling a
26' Argosy, in third gear, with the cruise set on 65. And this is in a car
with 189,000 miles on the clock, never had a wrench on either the engine or
the original 700R4 trans. A K&N and big trans cooler are the two must-have
upgrades for pulling, I think, especially with a marginal engine and
transmission--which I consider the 305/700R4 setup to be. Still, if you're
willing to be patient up long grades, it does just fine, and will cruise all
day without a tow and get 24 mpg @ 55, or 20 mpg @ 75 mph. Hard to beat a
small-block for a reasonable combination of milage and pull, unless you're
willing to spring for a diesel.