[VACList] Precision Temp details

jw - The Precision Temp we just installed is model RV 501.  The
ancient unit that (understandably) gave up the ghost was one of the
first RV 500s made. Someone also asked about the cover - I understand
that aluminum covers no longer are available, only white plastic
ones.  Bummer.  I recall from postings many moons ago that some folks
reported spray painting the plastic silver.  We were lucky enough to
be able to continue to use the aluminum door that was originally
installed on our trailer about eight years ago.  In terms of cost,
the unit lists for just under $1,000.  I don't know if it's available
through sources that will discount. The unit does come with
instructions that a very handy amateur could use in doing the
install, although I wouldn't want to tackle a conversion from a
standard 6 gal.  We had limited time to get the trailer ready, so had
some pros do our simple replacement, which turned out to be handy
since they found some LP problems and fixed them as part of the
procedure.

Stan