[VACList] Paint for bathroom plastic?

Much of the stuff (e.g., shower pan) is sound but ugly: yellowed,
stained, splotchy. The material is some kind of plastic (not
fiberglass) and we're trying to figure out how to refinish it.
Questions are:

Anyone know what kind of plastic (ABS, PVC, ...) it is?

What kinds of paint successes/failures have people had with this
material? Epoxy? Urethane? One or two part? What about fiberglass
gelcoat?

I understand that Krylon has just come out with a line of "Fusion"
spray paints which are specifically made to bond to plastics, but I
haven't been able to find it locally--anyone tried it?

TIA,

Rob