[VACList] Re: Towing with F-250 PS

We'll echo Roger's thoughts on towing our 1971 31' Sovereign with an F-250 PS
diesel.  Ours is a crew cab long bed 4x4 with the 7.3L PS, and we literally
don't even know the big trailer is back there.  The truck has handled our horse
trailer, our car hauler, and even passenger railroad car wheelsets and trucks
(for Ben's business) with no problem.

We average about 13 MPG in town and 19-20 MPG on the highway not towing and
about 14-15 MPG towing the big trailer.  We have less than 30K miles on the
truck, and the mileage is getting better the more it's driven.

We use a traditional Reese hitch sway/load distributing set-up, which works
well, but our local Airstream dealer highly recommends the Equal-i-zer hitch
for about the same money, claiming it approaches the performance of a Hensley at
a fraction of the cost.

Regards,
Ben & Molly Butterworth
71 Sovereign