Re: [VACList] Gas lines on water heaters

hmm, mine are not.  they are SS to the best of my knowledge.
NG has a LOT of sulfur in it which LPG does not. I think that it must cause the
formation of H2SO4 or some other reaction which corrodes the copper tubing.
btw, my '67 had a 1/2" OD pipe (iron?) running under the trailer with small flex
lines coming off it to the appliances.
Have not crawled under my '76-'77 with an idea towards looking at gas lines so I
have no idea what is there.  but, we lived in our Overlander for 3 yrs and were
always rejetting whenever we stayed in one place for more than 3 months.  less
than that, we had the local propane dealer deliver a huge vertical tank
(100gal?)  - some things (the gas lamp in the front parlor) was never used on NG
but was turned off (valved off) at the split off from the fridge supply (a T
conection).

fwiw
chas
--