RE: [VACList] Bargman Connector Wiring

Greetings Ivan!

I double-checked the Airstream corporate site, and their connector plug
wiring information only goes back as far a 1964 and the colors don't
correspond to those that you mention.  You might try the system that I
used when double-checking the function of the wires on my Minuet before
towing it home last fall.

Before trying this method, you might want to verify that your coach has
been prepped for 12-volt input from the tow vehicle - - if my memory
serves correct, the trailer may have been configured for 6-volt
originally.

1.  Obtain a battery compatible with your coaches' system (6-volt or
12-volt depending upon what you find to be the case) - - for this
troubleshooting operation a six-volt would likely be the safest
alternative.  Since I knew that my Minuet was a 12-volt system I was
able to use the garden tractor battery from that I had purchased for my
garden tractor.

2.  Obtain two heavy duty (large) alligator clamps on about 24" wires.

3.  Attach one cable to the positive post of the battery; then connect
the second to the battery ground and connect the second end of the
ground cable to a suitable ground (I used the frame of my tow vehicle).

4.  Finally work with one wire at a time determining what becomes
functional when each of the wires is connected the positive alligator
clamp.  You may find that you will need to replace one or more burned
out bulbs before you have everything sorted out.

Good luck with your project!

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359