[VACList] Carlise Brake Controller

     Hello all.
     Saw an article in Trailer Life Magazine about Carlise brake controller.
It's a hydralic unit that sounded pretty nice until I got furthur into the
article. They reccommended using it with an early style electric brake
controller, not an inertia controller. You basically adjust the power
setting to what you want and the unit allpies that amount of pressure to the
hydralic brakes. They do make a model that has it own built in inertia
controller that provides amount of braking power depending on
vehicle/trailer decelleration. Which sounds just like the Prodigy or Jordan
unit (at least to me it does), but with the Carlise system you have hydralic
brakes instead of electric.
    If someone has a hydralic brake system on their trailer and are looking
for a brake control unit then it may be what you want. There are several
posts on the bassfisher.org list from people who actually have one of the
Carlise units so you can get a better idea on the pros/cons from them.

Bobby
'73 Ambassador
2002 Suburban 4X4
Prodigy Brake Controller