[VACList] Standard stuff?

To all,
Thanks for the responses on my questions concerning my new project. It
looks like I will be replacing my water heater and furnace with Standard
Brand products. Two questions on the furnace, size and venting. The
original heater was 24k btuh. Since the cost for a new unit with more
btuh of say 34k btuh is only $30. more, would a larger capacity heater
work less? Or would I be creating a human toaster? On outside vents...
my hope was and still is to use the original side covers/vents. One
member thought that would not work but did not say why. From what I can
tell these new units all seem to have two vents which on new rv's are
exposed on their side panels. Is there a reason I cannot mount the
original aluminum vents over these chome vents as it should just vent
out anyway?  I am also assuming there should be no problems with the
Standard water heater venting out behind the original covers. I have not
been able to find any info on theRV-500 on demand units that could also
be considered. Many more questions to come.
Thanks,
Gary Campbell
1962 Safari